Mini Art School Part II (B)

 Adidas Logo Redesign 

Adidas Font is → ITC Avant Garde

(Original)

(Redesign)

Adidas uses the "ITC Avant Garde" font for their logo. The stripes on their logo represent the variety of the company. They aim towards promoting a lifestyle brand. However, I see Adidas as a sports brand so I redesigned the logo for the stripes to be vertical and represent a medal finish. Meaning then first stripe represent "1st Place," and the second stripe would be second and third would be third. I feel as though that gives it a more competitive feel to the brand. I also made the first stripe gold because that represent the color of a first place medal. 


Comments

  1. Hi! I agree that the three stripes while they are iconic, they do not fully promote the athletic brand. I like your idea of having the items look like a podium; this is especially relevant with the Olympics happening right now. This does not fully change the design, but it adds meaning behind the stripes and creates motivation to aim for the 'tall' stripe. From the lesson on four great things graphic designers do, this definitely captures the eye, evokes emotion and conveys a message. To control eye movement, I would just recommend to make the 'stripes' a little shorter and wider. Similarly, if this was going for a podium look, I would recommend having 1st place in the middle like it typically is; I like the look of what you have it as right now, but a typical podium would be 2nd 1st 3rd. Great idea overall though! - Jill Kakalecik

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what fun!, I really like this idea. I used to be really into Adidas when I was younger (i have no idea why). I remember wanting something with their trefoil design which was discontinued at the time. maybe they are due for a fresh new look!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment